Home My Books About Me Contests

Friday, January 8, 2010

Shameless Self-Promotion, Part II (Don't Say I Didn't Warn You)

Hi all...

I'm back in frigid NYC...Somehow, the snow accumulation around my beat-up 2002 Honda just doesn't have the same striking visual effect as a white dusting around the Arc de Triomphe. I was also extremely confused this morning when I could not dial room service for breakfast, and instead had to stomp to the store for peanut butter and a carton of eggs. Sigh.

BUT not all is bleakness and despair! I got an amazing review of Before I Fall this week, and I just had to share. It is here, from Shelf Awareness, an important trade magazine. (My friend the fabulous Leila Sales, also a YA author, is now convinced I am officially "famous"...we'll pretend that's not just because she works in publishing.)

I felt the review truly captured the essence of my book, which is oh-so-nice. I am getting really, really excited about BIF's release, and it's so nice to know that other people feel similarly! Fingers crossed that this will become part of a larger trend. :)

Okay...a less self-absorbed post soon, I promise!

xo
Lauren

1 comment:

Carla said...

thats an amazing review.....50 days 50 DAYS how exciting!!! can't wait to be able to talk about the book with everyone

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.