Home My Books About Me Contests

Monday, March 15, 2010

On The Road, Part II

More tour madness and fun!

So...last week I wrapped up the American part of my tour, with stops at the wonderful Anderson's Bookstore in Naperville (the owner, Becky, is incredible; she even gifted me with a "Reading is Sexy" t-shirt, which I plan on rocking pretty much everywhere I go), followed by a hop, skip, and a five-hour plane ride to Petaluma, California. There, several wonderful things happened:

1. It was SUNNY and WARM.
2. I found out Before I Fall made the New York Times bestseller list in its first week (!), and did a little dance on a sun-drenched portion of pavement.
3. I had an incredible, incredible event at Copperfield's Books (please see pics below).
4. After the event, I ate a ridiculously delicious meal and went to sleep stuffed and happy.





The next morning, I woke up to glorious weather and actually got to go on a short run, which was fabulous. My attempt at artistic and evocative California photographs:



YES, PEOPLE! THAT IS CITRUS GROWING ON A TREE!!

Then I did a few school visits. My time at Petaluma High School was particularly successful. The kids were smart and welcoming and engaged, and one of the librarians, a lovely woman named Connie Williams, had even generated her own trailer for Before I Fall! I was so moved, and she really captured the feel of the book. Watch it here.

Then it was back to NYC for the weekend...and today I'm off to London to launch the European leg of the March Before I Fall Madness! Stay tuned for more...

--L

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting!!! Sounds like a wild ride!!! I loved your book, and obviously so did others!!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

What a great Trailer.. WHAT A CROWD!

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.