Home My Books About Me Contests

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Best Vampire Movie EVER

Sorry, Twilight fans...

While on the North Fork of Long Island with my dad and sister, trying desperately to put Book # 2 to rest, I watched a Swedish vampire movie called "Let The Right One In." It's not really a horror film, per se, although parts of it are fairly horrifying. But mostly it's just beautiful and sad and evocative and deeply, deeply romantic. The two protagonist's love for one another makes Bella and Edward's affair look like a sad, puppy-dog crush. Granted, the main characters are much younger than the now-omnipresent B & E: Oskar, a lonely and bullied 12-year-old, and Eli, the strange, bewitching girl who moves in to the apartment next to his and only comes out at night.

I want my own vampire protectress! (Or protector.) They should sell some on ebay.

Now I'm dying to read the book, which was apparently a huge bestseller in Sweden.

What I also particularly loved about this movie was that, interspersed between scenes of incredible violence and gore, were the usual foreign artsy-type scenes in which people smoke and drink and look meaningfully at one another in silence, while some John Cage-esque type music plays in the background.

Rent it, watch it, love it. Rejoice in the beauty and auditory strangeness of the Swedish language.

2 comments:

SerieslyReady said...

I have been hearing about this movie for months. I want to see it. It wouldn't surprise me if it's better than Twilight. Didn't know it was a book. Should read that first.

john heate said...

This is very good site filehippo I enjoyed it.

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.