Home My Books About Me Contests

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Philippines ----> Australia

My tour on the other side of the world steams along through various different time zones (I’m currently writing this on the plane en route from Seoul, Korea to Sydney, Australia.) I had a wonderful last evening in the Philippines, and dined with the staff of the National Bookstore responsible for my visit. Vegetarians beware: my favorite dishes were pork knuckle and fried pork intestine! (And no, it doesn’t taste like chicken.)

I was sad to leave Manila after so brief a visit. It’s a beautiful and interesting place, and full of contradictions: cathedrals butting up against shopping malls; towering new construction, all vacant, and shantytowns swarming with barefooted residents; old palms and lush growth, and a brown river slicked with trash. But I’ve vowed to return (possibly for Requiem!), and next time I’m hauling my fiancé with me.

But I’m SUPER excited about my tour in Australia, and I hope my Aussie fans are, too! I’ve posted my schedule for the next few days below. Start planning your road trip—I expect to see you all there!

Thursday, 29 March: Melbourne

4:30-6:00 p.m. The Sun Bookstore

Come drink tea with me, and hear me chat and answer questions!

Friday, 30 March: Brisbane

4:30-6:00 p.m. Dymocks Brisbane

You know the drill: signing, Q&A, chat

Monday, 2 April: Facebook chat

5:00 p.m. For those of you who can’t make it to an in-person event, join me on Monday for a remote chat, hosted by Booktopia in Sydney.

Tuesday, 3 April: Sydney

4:30-6:00 p.m. The Children’s Bookshop

Tea, meet-and-greet, signings, and more!

After that, it’s back to NYC for me...so I hope to see you during my whirlwind trip down under!

10 comments:

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Quite the busy schedule! So glad you are doing this around-the-world tour! Yes, the Philippines has quite a number of tough to see places, amongst beautiful ones, and it's frustrating. My hardest memory from one visit back to see my family was when we were heading to an event and passed by a section that was essentially a flat trash-filled area, which was like a landfill. A volleyball net was stuck into the ground and kids were playing the game on top of the trash.

Then, if you head to Boracay, you will see some of the most insanely beautiful places you won't see anywhere else. It is contradictory, and I so hope that this changes sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to your next adventures!

Jeremy Bates said...

Yes, you definitely have to come back to the Philippines and enjoy the beauty of places you dare not dream exist.

In the interim, chug along down under!

Sarah Billington said...

I'll see you in Melbourne! :)

livi195 said...

nonono!!! come down to New Zealand while ur there!!!!!! PLEASE?! No one ever comes to New Zealand...you have so many faithful fans here!!!! Believe me...I know...

Unknown said...

OMG come to the Philippines again and I'll definitely come! I regret not coming! :( I think you know more of my country than I do haha. Glad you had fun :)

Unknown said...

Very nice article Obat Alami Kanker Leher

Rahim
| Obat Alami Demam

Berdarah
| Obat Alami Liver | Obat Alami

Tuberkulosis
| Obat Alami Epilepsi |

Obat Alami Diabetes |

Obat Alami Perut

Kembung
| Obat Alami Kencing

Manis
| Obat Alami Hepatitis B

| Obat Alami Darah

Tinggi
| Obat Alami Asam

Lambung
| Obat Alami Batu

Empedu
| Obat Alami Kencing

Batu
| Obat Alami Sinusitis |

Obat Alami Kolesterol |

Obat Alami Ayan | Obat Alami Radang

Sendi
| Obat Alami Kanker

Rahim
| Obat Alami Hepatitis A

| Obat Alami Gula

Darah
| Obat Alami Batu Ginjal |

Obat Alami Radang Paru

Paru
| Obat Alami Miom | Obat Alami Maag Akut

| Obat Alami Maag

Kronis
| Obat Alami Kista

Ovarium
| Obat Alami Hepatitis |

Obat Alami Asma | Obat Alami Asam Urat

Unknown said...

Very good blog Obat Alami Infeksi

Pencernaan
| Obat Alami Tipes | Obat Alami Nyeri Otot |

Obat AlamiNyeri Sendi

| Obat Alami Kanker Leher

Rahim
| Obat Alami Demam

Berdarah
| Obat Alami Liver | Obat Alami

Tuberkulosis
| Obat Alami Epilepsi |

Obat Alami Diabetes |

Obat Alami Perut

Kembung
| Obat Alami Kencing

Manis
| Obat Alami Hepatitis B

| Obat Alami Darah

Tinggi
| Obat Alami Asam

Lambung
| Obat Alami Batu

Empedu
| Obat Alami Kencing

Batu
| Obat Alami Sinusitis |

Obat Alami Kolesterol |

Obat Alami Ayan | Obat Alami Radang

Sendi
| Obat Alami Kanker

Rahim
| Obat Alami Hepatitis A

Unknown said...

Nice post, success Obat Alami Infeksi Usus

Unknown said...

thanks a lot for information Obat Alami Infeksi Paru Paru

Unknown said...

Obat Penyakit Leptospirosis Herbal
Obat Penyakit Cangkroid Herbal
Obat Penyakit Psoriasis Tradisional
Tanaman Herbal Untuk Mengobati Asam Urat

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.