Home My Books About Me Contests

Thursday, April 28, 2011

What do a Tibetan monk, an aging hippie, a playboy preppie, and a woman made of plastic have in common?

They were all sitting next to me at lunch yesterday!

No, no, for real. That is actually an accurate description of the table next to mine yesterday. I had a blast trying to figure out what they might possibly have in common. Also in the restaurant was: a star of a very popular TV show, a “lady” of the night and her ahem, more aged gentleman companion; and various pulled and wrinkle-free women throwing down bottles of champagne at noon.

That’s right, everybody…I’m in LA! Today I had lunch with the lovely women of Fox 2000 (the studio that has optioned both Before I Fall and Delirium), at the super-swank Polo lounge in the Beverly Hills Hotel, a Hollywood institution. Pretty much every single car in the lot was either a Porsche or a Benz, and I had the most delicious $26 shrimp cocktail I’ve ever had in my life! (Okay, granted, it’s the only $26 shrimp cocktail I’ve ever had in my life.)

I have to say, I have NO idea how anyone gets any work done out here. If I lived in LA, I’m pretty sure I would spend my whole life lounging by a pool with a cocktail. (Witness pic below--but at least I was surrounded by business cards, which makes it SEEM like I was working!)

Actually, though, my meetings have all been pretty fab—I’m getting to know some of the other people at Fox, and we’ve been buzzing about possible directors (and shoes, and boys, among other more pertinent topics). So keep your fingers crossed for me!

13 comments:

Cheryll (Gabby) Ganzel said...

Fingers, eyes and toes - crossed!

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

Will do!

Jessica A. Briones said...

I just finished reading Delirium I love it, I would love to see it on film... Good luck!

serendipity_viv said...

I am so envious!

Kathryn Rose said...

Welcome to LA! You fit right in! :) Fingers crossed.

Megan said...

Just finished Delirium (as in five minutes ago!) - about to recommend it to my fellow readers on Facebook. Exciting that it's going to be a movie -hopefully you can stay close to it and keep them in line - make them do it right!!

Teisha said...

Girl I'm gettin suicidal checkin you out. How you stay in shape? I've been a writer for a year and I already gained about fifty pounds, and counting!
Kisses!

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

BTW, just bought your book! Can't wait to read it!

Lynsey Newton said...

OMG that's AWESOME! I swear to God I cannot wait for the movies of your books, CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Also, I hope as part of your job you get to look at hot boys while they audition for you ;)

X-treme Reader said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meg @ A Bookish Affair said...

LA is crazy! You never know what you're going to see.

Good luck!

Ramon said...

Original,Classy,Pretty & humble appearance . Are you Real ?

Sierra Abrams said...

Ahahahahahaha, yep, that's LA for ya! :D Oh I'm so excited for you! :) And yes, i like what Megan said - make them do it right!! It deserves a genius film; otherwise, not at all. ;)

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.