Home My Books About Me Contests

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Authorlicious

Hey all--

The past two weeks have been full of writerly goodness. First, my friend Suzanne Young came to stay with me in BK. (That's Brooklyn, people.) We went out on the town to celebrate the release of her amazing debut novel, THE NAUGHTY LIST. (Buy a copy here or regret it forever!)


And it even snowed!


Then she wished me bon voyage:

.... and I headed out to California, where I met up with some incredible independent booksellers at the Winter Institute in San Jose, and even signed books next to REAL LIVE AUTHORS like Ally Carter (of I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You fame) and the incredible Newberry-award winner Laura Amy Schlitz. Both of them signed books for me!

Then it was off to LA, where I had breakfast with Jay Asher, amazing author of the NYTimes bestseller Thirteen Reasons Why.


He helpfully gave me advice on school visits (he's an amazing public speaker) and even taught me how to use PowerPoint!

A very good week, in other words...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome how you got to meet such great authors! Breakfast with Jay Asher? That's amazing!

Unknown said...

HOW AMAZING!!! What an experience for sure!!!

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.