Home My Books About Me Contests

Friday, February 12, 2010

President's Day, Shmesident's Day--It's Before I Fall Day!

So, today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY.

Before I Fall, my debut novel (which comes out in 18 days--eek!) takes place on Friday, February 12th. And TODAY is Friday, February 12th. Which makes today...Before I Fall Day! (I can only hope that my day does not end with a fatal car crash, the way that my main character's does. Yikes.)

In honor of this newly christened holiday, I thought I would post a little teaser from my book, chosen completely at random. (Seriously, I flipped to a random page and chose the first two complete sentences.) Enjoy!

"I'm angry at Rob for not caring about how upset I am, and I'm angry at Kent for caring. I'm angry at everyone and everything, and in that second I fantasize about the cigarette Lindsay's waving catching on the curtains, about fire racing through the room and consuming everyone."

Okay...that's kind of an intense teaser but them's the rules, folks!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh man so psyched for this one, have heard so many great things! Happy Before I Fall day!! ;)

ReggieWrites said...

CONGRATULATIONS LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're all so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this book! Congrats on the book!

Anonymous said...

YAY! :) I am so excited to read Before I Fall!

Daisy Whitney said...

SO looking forward to reading your book!

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.