Home My Books About Me Contests

Friday, February 12, 2010

President's Day, Shmesident's Day--It's Before I Fall Day!

So, today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY.

Before I Fall, my debut novel (which comes out in 18 days--eek!) takes place on Friday, February 12th. And TODAY is Friday, February 12th. Which makes today...Before I Fall Day! (I can only hope that my day does not end with a fatal car crash, the way that my main character's does. Yikes.)

In honor of this newly christened holiday, I thought I would post a little teaser from my book, chosen completely at random. (Seriously, I flipped to a random page and chose the first two complete sentences.) Enjoy!

"I'm angry at Rob for not caring about how upset I am, and I'm angry at Kent for caring. I'm angry at everyone and everything, and in that second I fantasize about the cigarette Lindsay's waving catching on the curtains, about fire racing through the room and consuming everyone."

Okay...that's kind of an intense teaser but them's the rules, folks!


Sherry @ Flipping Pages for All Ages said...

Oh man so psyched for this one, have heard so many great things! Happy Before I Fall day!! ;)

ReggieWrites said...

CONGRATULATIONS LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're all so happy for you!

Kailia Sage said...

I can't wait for this book! Congrats on the book!

Kate at Read This Book! said...

YAY! :) I am so excited to read Before I Fall!

Daisy Whitney said...

SO looking forward to reading your book!

Post a Comment


Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.