Home My Books About Me Contests

Monday, January 24, 2011

One More Week Until DELIRIUM!! (And Writing Challenge...)

Alright, lovelies, you know what today is.

That's right: Today marks the one-week countdown to DELIRIUM's release! Yayyyy!

In honor of the imminent explosion (er, hopefully) of DELIRIUM into a bookstore near you, I am doing a one-week-countdown themed writing challenge. It has been too long since I've solicited evidence of your brilliance and creativity! I want to see some submissions in my inbox, people!

The writing challenge this week is simple. Complete the following first sentence with a 200-250 word submission:

Seven days. She couldn't believe it. Only seven days to go.


That's it! You should be off and running. You should establish, of course, the identity of your protagonist and what she is waiting for. Is it something she is dreading? Looking forward to? etc.

Send your submissions to laurenoliverbooks@gmail.com. As always, I'll post the evidence of your creative genius on my blog!

xoL

3 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

When does it close?

Ella Preuss said...

Just one week! Eeck!

Bellamay said...

YaY! even though I already did my review on it I still want to buy it and read it again. http://bellmay30.blogspot.com/2010/12/review-delirium-by-lauren-oliver.html

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.