Home My Books About Me Contests

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Winner! And a Goodreads Choice Award!

Well, none of you guessed my deepest, darkest secret:
I'm secretly a math nerd!**
Twenty-seven is my favorite number because it's 3 cubed--that's 3 threes! Perfection.

HOWEVER, there were several people who guessed, correctly, that 27 was also my age when Before I Fall was published. Well done! The first commentator to have guessed it was:

theartgirl

...who will now win a signed DELIRIUM ARC, if she will email me at laurenoliverbooks@gmail.com and tell me how to find her!!

To put to rest some of the speculative rumors that were flying:
1. My book was not rejected by 27 publishers! (Only by a couple--thank goodness!)
2. I am not married!
3. I do not have kids!

A separate and unrelated piece of news:

Did you know that Before I Fall was chosen as the Goodreads best YA book of 2010?? Look here! I can prove it!

How exciting is that??


**Did you know that the very first tattoo I ever got was the symbol for pi? It's true!

7 comments:

Ella Preuss said...

Congrats of BIF winning Best YA Fiction!

And you are way too awesome for having a pi tattoo! That is so cool, although I never really liked math.

Niii said...

Congrats!
I want too!! =/

Momo (Books Over Boys) said...

Haha! You surely do love math! :) Congrats on BIF for winning Best YA Fiction!

Anonymous said...

Lol! Congrats on winning! I'm glad it did because you and the book deserve it!

Bidisha said...

Congrats on the GCA win! :D

Bethany Neal said...

Holy wow. Best of on Goodreads! Congrats!!

Tamara said...

The cover is really gorgeous !!!! I'm so excited to read Delirium !!!!

Post a Comment

 

Content by Lauren Oliver - Copyright 2011. Blog designed by Ella Press Studio - 2011.

Author Photo by Jonathan Alpeyrie - Copyright 2010. Original Font Idea by Erin Fitzsimmons - 2010.